Hearty One Step Crock Pot Beef Stew. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Great recipe for Hearty One Step Crock Pot Beef Stew. I found this recipe in a cookbook and tweaked it.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. One step I added was to deglaze the pan after cooking the beef: place fresh thyme sprigs and basil in hot pan once beef is removed. You can cook Hearty One Step Crock Pot Beef Stew using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty One Step Crock Pot Beef Stew
- You need 1 can of cream of celery soup.
- You need 1 can of tomato soup.
- You need 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1.5 pound of 1" beef cubes (stew beef).
- You need 1 bunch of celery.
- It's 3 of onions.
- You need 4 of small red potatoes (any potato will do).
- You need 3-5 of carrots (I've also used a bag of baby carrots chopped).
- It's 1/2 of -whole bag frozen corn.
- You need 1/2 of -whole bag frozen green beans.
- You need 1/2 of -whole bag frozen peas.
As it simmered, stir up the fond on bottom of pan-add to crockpot. The first time I made exactly as recipe and it was good. Tonight I made this with a few additions and it was excellent. I've never been a big fan of beef stew, but I really enjoy this recipe that I got from Cook's Country.
Hearty One Step Crock Pot Beef Stew instructions
- Chop all vegetables and throw everything into the crock pot. The beef can be fresh or frozen. Cook on low for 10-11 hours..
The meat comes out fork-tender, the broth is rich and just thick enough to coat a spoon, and the vegetables are perfectly cooked. This way of preparing beef stew keeps the vegetables from turning to mush by steaming them on top of the stew in a hobo pack. The stew is thickened without giving. Tender, juicy stew meat with potatoes and carrots make this the best Crock Pot Beef Stew! This stew is rich, chunky and hearty.
Comments
Post a Comment